While we call Austin home, our reach covers all of Texas. In fact, CFN supports 150 foster and adoptive families in cities across Texas, including Austin, Brownwood, Bryan, Killeen, Kerrville and San Antonio. CFN is also an affiliate of DePelchin Children's Center, one of the largest providers of children's mental health, foster care, and adoption services in Texas.
Our foster and adoptive families serve children and youths ranging in ages from newborn to 22 years old, all in need of a safe and loving home. Most of these children are in the custody of Child Protective Services (CPS).
CFN is licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS). CFN also contracts with and receives funding from DFPS for adoption services and for 24-hour residential care of children.
Caring Family Network's Mission
Our mission is connecting children, families and communities. Ultimately, our kids will gain the skills, knowledge and self-confidence to build healthy relationships and productive lives.
Caring Family Network accomplishes this mission by demonstrating excellence and continuing improvement in our foster care and adoption program objectives by:
- Careful recruitment, quality training and exceptional support of our treatment families and children.
- Individualized, clinical, evidenced based treatment programs that focus on normalizing the life of each child.
- Development, certification, and performance measures that assure families are well prepared to handle their important roles.
- Collaborating with community resources to improve and enhance the lives of the children and families we serve.
- Effective stewardship of funds provided by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, other public agencies, donors, and community stakeholders.
2012 Tax Return: CFN 2012 990